If you follow me on facebook or instagram , you probably already know I love green smoothies. It’s an amazing way to get your daily allotment of vegetables and leafy greens. But, the art of making a delicious green smoothie can be difficult. Luckily, I’ve experimented with some delicious creations (and some pretty terrible ones). My go-to recipe is below. Packed with over 100% of your daily recommended vitamin C, and additional iron, and omegas, this is sure you have you feelin’ good!
Piña Colada Green Smoothie
- 1 cup pineapple (note: If you have a Vitamix, you can blend the pineapple core too!)
- 1 banana, ripened
- 2 tablespoons coconut, dry and shredded
- 2 cups spinach
- 2 tablespoons flaxseed
- 2 tablespoons plain, unsweetened greek yogurt (omit if vegan)
- 1/2 cup water (adjust for desired consistency)
- 1/2 cup ice (omit if using frozen fruit)
Add water, flaxseed, fruit, yogurt, and lettuce in that order. Blend until desired consistency is reached.
Tip – Blender having trouble tackling those greens? Blend your greens with the liquid first, then add the rest of your ingredients!